After the high, is the comedown. It's important to remember this exists and address it. After a session the submissive may feel euphoric, calm, relaxed, floating on air.
Some more time passes, and the presence of the Domme is gone, and the sub may have:
- second thoughts about the play
- irrational thoughts
- appetite changes
It's important to remember during this time the unique chemistry of your brain and the strength of BDSM play. Realize that most of the thoughts and emotions are tied to a drop in brain chemicals.
So how can you get back to normal and make the best of your BDSM session with this in mind?
- Make sure you replenish physically after the session. Nourishing foods, vitamins, carbs, water.
- Make sure you are warm - body temperature can drop and this affects your mood.
- Masturbate if you are allowed- this will allow brain chemicals to even out.
- Shower, bathe or take care of any wounds with Arnica or Lavender.
- Take photos of yourself to enjoy remembering your submission- this helps the high last longer and even out.
- Write to your Domme about your feelings and processing- sharing can help your future and your present processing.
I hope this helps a little and PLEASE do not let sub-drop affect anything in your life. Making big decisions, backlash against your fetish, doing anything drastic in this state can cause you regret.